Hey guys! Here is another lunch or dinner recipe that I think you will love. As usual this recipe is simple, clean, and delicious, so I will not ramble on this one and just get to it.
Ingredients: (1 person)
1 Ciabatta Bread
Handful of Pea Sprouts
5 Slices of Eggplant
5 Slices of Zucchini
Chipotle Aioli (Recipe for this will be on the next post)
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 tspn Grape Seed Oil
1. Toast the ciabatta bread in either the oven or a panini maker like I did.
2. You'll make this chipotle aioli that is so good that you will want to put it on everything! Like I said above, the recipe for this aioli will be up on the next post.
3. Now that you have your bread toasting, aioli in the fridge, you can start prepping the veggies. First thinly slice the eggplant into about 5 slices. Be careful not to cut the eggplant too think nor too thin, right in the middle is perfect. Do the same with the zucchini. Once you have the vegetables prepped, season the eggplant and zucchini with salt, smoked paprika, and lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Cook eggplant and zucchini over medium heat with 1 tspn of grapeseed oil until tender. NOTE: Poke a fork into the zucchini and eggplant to see if it tender. If the fork goes through then the vegetables are done.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, the bread should be toasted by now, you can begin assembling the sandwich.
6. First, spread the smashed avocado onto one of the slices of bread. Season avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then place the pea sprouts on top of the avocado. After, place the thin slices of tomato and red onion over the pea sprouts. Now, the vegetables should be throughly cooked, so place on top of tomato and onion. Lastly, the best part in my opinion, spread the aioli on the other slice of bread and top the sandwich. Viola! You are done!
Now, go enjoy your unbelievably delicious sandwich. As usual if you try out this recipe, let me know in the comments below or on Instagram. Enjoy!