Homemade PB&J Banana Rice Wrap
This is seriously the best thing I have ever tasted. The combination work so well together that these wraps become addictive. They remind me of mochi, those of you who have had mochi, you know what I'm talking about. Although these are a great snack, I sometimes have these for breakfast instead. The best part of these wraps are how simple and clean they are. The reason why they are considered clean is because i make my own peanut butter at home. Yes, you read right, I make my own. I do not trust the ingredients in store bought peanut butter, so I rather make it and not feel the guilt of all the added ingredients. Don't worry, the peanut butter is actually really easy to make and only contains one ingredient, peanuts! So now that I have rambled and bragged about my peanut butter, let's get to the recipe.
Ingredients: (1 person; makes 3)
3 Sheets of Rice Paper
Peanut Butter (store bought is fine, just read the labels to find most natural)
Honey or Agave (For dipping)
If you are making your own peanut butter:
Raw Peanuts (NO salted, roasted peanuts)
1. First, for the peanut butter, toast them over medium heat in a pan. Toast the peanuts until golden brown, but make sure to keep your eye on them because they burn easily. NOTE: The color of the peanut butter depends on how much you toast them, so be careful not to burn the peanuts. Once the peanuts are toasted, throw them into the food processor and blend away. You can blend to your liking. There. You are done. See how easy.
2. If you are not making your own PB then this will be your first step. First, prep your fruit. Slice the strawberries, then cut the banana into three sections then slice each section in half. You should have 6 pieces.
3. Then in a plate or anything large enough to fit the sheet of rice paper, fill up with warm water. *Do one rice paper sheet at a time* Let the rice paper sheet soak in the warm water until it softens. When it softens take it out of the water and place it at the edge of a cutting board, where half of sheet is on the cutting board and other half is dangling at the edge. Trust this is the easiest way I have found, so it wont stick to the cutting bard.
4. Once you have positioned the rice paper, place two pieces of banana flat face down at the edge of the cutting board where the rest of the rice paper is dangling. On top of the banana, spoon about 1 tspn of PB across the banana. Then place slices of strawberries across as well. Now, that you have your filling placed, place the half thats dangling over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll the rest. This may sound confusing but you are basically making a little burrito or if you have ever made egg rolls then it is basically the same concept. Once you have the hang of it, it will get easier, I promise.
5. Repeat the steps and continue to make the rest.
6. Finally you are done. Enjoy these rice wraps with honey or agave as a dipping sauce.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Like always let me know if you try this out in the comments below or on my instagram.