You are probably wondering what does 6am-11am even mean, well 6am-11am is the section that you will find breakfast recipes. I named it with times because these are the times you should have your first meal of the day. Now that we have that cleared up, I am excited to present you my very first food post! Drum roll please..... Here is the breakfast pizza. This breakfast pizza is the most easiest and delicious breakfast to make, believe me, it is. I'll admit though it isn't something I will make during the weekday because I am always in a rush to get to work, but on the weekends it is usually my go to. If you have time in the weekday to make this, by all means go ahead and make it, the time is worth it. After this long intro, I will get to the core of this post, the recipe.
One fact about my recipes I do not really measure any of the vegetables, herbs, or seasonings, so you can include as much or as little as you want to your liking.
1 Whole Wheat Pita
Mushrooms (any kind is fine)
Red Bell Pepper
Fresh Basil for garnish
Crushed Chili Flakes
1 tbspn Grape Seed Oil
1 tbspn White Vinegar
1. Preheat Oven to 350F. Once preheated place your whole wheat pita on a cookie tray and toast for 15 min. (I use a panini maker to toast my pita, but an oven also gets the job done)
2. Meanwhile, prep your toppings. Thinly slice the purple cabbage,mushrooms, onion, red bell pepper, and basil. Place aside.
3. Next, over medium heat place a medium non-stick pan with 1 tbspn of grape seed oil. When oil is heated, thrown in onions and red bell pepper first. Season with granulated garlic, dried basil, salt, & pepper. When the onions become translucent, throw in the mushrooms. Taste as you stir around, that way you can add more seasoning if needed. Once thoroughly cooked place aside.
4. After the veggies are cooked, in a bowl smash the whole avocado. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes for a little heat.
5. For the poached eggs: Fill pot half way up with 1 tbsp of white vinegar. Let it simmer over medium heat. Once simmered, GENTLY place one egg at a time Note: crack egg into a smaller bowl then place into simmering water to prevent the yolk from breaking. Let eggs cook for 2-3 minutes, depending on how runny you want the yolk (set a timer). When 2-3 minutes are up, take egg out with a spatula and place on a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt & pepper.
6. Now that all the components are prepped, the whole wheat pita should be completely toasted (If the pita is still a little soft toast for another 2 min) and we can start to assemble the "pizza." First spread the smashed avocado on the pita. On top of the avocado place shredded purple cabbage. After place little of the cooked mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper. At the top place the egg(s). In a vertical line place more of the cooked veggies. Lastly, garnish with fresh basil.
7. Finally it is done! Hope you enjoy it and comment if you tried this out.