Tuna Salad w/ Homemade Pita Chips
Today was a hot day here in California and I wanted to eat something fresh for lunch, but did not know what. After about ten minutes of thinking, I thought of a tuna salad. It is light, fresh, but most importantly simple to make. Yes, I know not many people like tune, but hear me out. This tuna salad is so good that you will devour it in minutes. Salads are not my favorite dishes to eat as a meal because they do not satisfy my hunger. I tend to stay away from salads and try to stick to meals that include carbs, protein, and vegetables, but this does just that. In this salad the tuna is the protein, the homemade pita chips are the carbs, and the rest of the salad are vegetables. This salad is the complete package that will keep you full until your next meal or if you are eating this for dinner, it will keep you satisfied until the next morning. Now, lets get to the recipe:
Ingredients: (2 people)
1 Persian Cucumbers
1/2 Red, Yellow, Purple or Orange Bell Pepper
Handful Flat Leaf Parsley
1/4 or Less Red Onion
1 4oz Can Tuna in WATER
Salt & Pepper
2 Whole Wheat Pita
1. First, preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the pitas into triangles or strips. Place on a cookie sheet and put into preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 min or until crispy like a chip. Keep your eye on the chips, they burn easily.
3. Meanwhile, dice the cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, red onion,parsley, and avocado. Place into a bowl along with the can of drained tuna.
4. Once all the vegetables and tuna are in the bowl, squeeze in the juice of two limes. Then season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Start with a little bit of each, so taste as you season to find the perfect taste to your liking.
5. By now, the pita chips will done. Place in a bowl or plate and dive into the tuna salad. See how easy that was, I Hope you enjoy this recipe! Like always let me know in the comments if you try this recipe out or any suggestions of what other recipes you will like to see.